E-pistolary

This site is a continuation of my online novel-in-email, xo bri xoxo me xoxoxo love you christy. Call it a soap opera in email.

Friday, August 17, 2007

Texting

From: brianpressley14@aol.com
To: christyswims@yahoo.com
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 19:10:29 EDT
Subject: Texting

OK, ok... just one question:

HOW DO YOU TYPE IN THOSE TEXT MESSAGES SO FAST??

I stand there writing and fumbling and I'm not fast, I realize, but I'm not slow either...I'd say after six days of using this thing, I'm Competent, but not Expert. I can hold my own.

But I fire these things off to you and I figure, OK, I'm good for ten minutes... and two minutes later, the stupid thing is VIBRATING IN MY POCKET with your response.

If your thumbs had been that fast when we were DATING... ;-)

Anyway, I am AMAZED at how much FUN this thing is. And you know what else? I DON'T HAVE TO BE A SLAVE TO IT. I DON'T HAVE TO BE A RUDE IMBECILE BECAUSE OF IT! I can just let it ring and call back later, same as I do with my landline. I can PULL OVER TO THE SIDE OF THE ROAD and talk. I can GO TO A PRIVATE PLACE IF I'M OUT and talk, and NOT STAND WHERE EVERYONE CAN SEE AND HEAR ME. Although God forgive me, I have yammered on it in public, like any other imbecile.

And I'm sorry, but it IS fun to be out on the trail or working in the trees or in the car, calling Margo or texting you or (especially the last two weeks) getting a call from my sister with a baby update. ("He just crapped his didey, Bri... it's NASTY. And this morning he squirted pee ALL OVER TONY'S SHIRT while we were changin' him.. haHAA!" Rita has that distinct haHAA laugh and whenever I see it's her, I always pick up, just because I know she will let loose at least one of those.)

(And when I see it's you, too.)

(And in case Margo asks, her too.)

I am typing you this because I am inside... we just had Big Beef Burgers and Margo and Becca and Becca's friend Tina are watching HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL. I'm sure it's very good. I'm sure they'll love it.

Hope you are well... I tried calling Marty on this thing and got his voice mail. Is he out with the band tonight??

Talk to you later! xo bri

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home