E-pistolary

This site is a continuation of my online novel-in-email, xo bri xoxo me xoxoxo love you christy. Call it a soap opera in email.

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Finally she is asleep

From: christyswims@yahoo.com
To: ledoux67@aol.com
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2007 10:17:43 PM
Subject: Finally she is asleep


Phew, Margo, this weekend, in fact ever since we came back from Moms it was just one fit after another, just a holy terror, I swear for her birthday I almost bought her a one way ticket to an orphanage, really. Friday when Marty was in town for band and I tried to get her upstairs for her nap it was the worst: I HATE YOU! And I said "Well I love you anyway Maggie" WELL I HATE YOU AND I WISH DADDY WAS HERE AND YOU WERE GONE!!!! "Well if Daddy was here and he wanted you to take your nap would you hate him? I HATE EVERYBODY!!! So I didn't take it personally lol.

SO anyway she's bawling and I followed the prescribed course and just put her down and shut her door, padlocked it, put a chair under the doorknob in case she tried anything, lol, and then when I went up an hour later to get her for dinner she was already up, sitting at her desk and I went in and said "What are you doing sweetie?" and here she had drawn me a big smiley face, well actually it was just a blob of yellow crayon with a couple black blobs and lines in the middle for sort of a mouth and sort of eyes, but I could tell what it was supposed to be, with all this colorful scribble around the bottom, and she said "those are flowers and this smile means I don't hate you, I love you and I'm sorry I yelled at you."

WEll that made me cry a little and I hugged her and we kissed and made up and got dinner ready, well then she was a mess again at dinner, but then Daddy was home, I was like "Here, YOU deal with her, I'M breaking open the chianti" lol.

She was a little better today, it's easier when we're both here and can tagteam her. You know how Becca was at that age, she just wants her way with EVERYTHING, and RIGHT NOW. She does not like the word NO unless she's saying it.

Going through this with Maura at that age (and at age 12-13, lol) was so hard, I didn't get what was going on, I really took it personally and let it eat me up, responded to it, but now that I understand what's going on with her, I can handle it better.

And when she gave me that drawing, that was the best feeling in the world, really.

I am tired and part of me wants to go to bed but it's so nice and quiet here, I want to stay up and enjoy it.

How was your weekend? Did it pour down rain down there? We got some, a couple cloudbursts. No swimming, which was another fit. But we lived through it.

Hope our talk about your job helped some, I'm sorry I couldn't hang on the phone. If you need to talk more, call.

Later gator tator! xoxoxoxoxo love you christy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home