E-pistolary

This site is a continuation of my online novel-in-email, xo bri xoxo me xoxoxo love you christy. Call it a soap opera in email.

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Job

To: christyswims@yahoo.com
From: ledoux67@aol.com
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 9:07:51 AM
Subject: Job

So what would you do about this offer, Christy??

It's SO CLOSE to the start of the school year. I am a firm believer in the practice of giving a two week notice, which, if I was to accept the job right now, we start on the 21st with an inservice day, so I'd have to give it on Monday. And even then they'd be under the gun with trying to find a replacement for me.

So many things I'm thinking about this, the positives and negatives: it would get me back into a sort of clinical environment which I like, the counseling part of it (because as I have told you many many times, the part of this job that I don't like, that there's TOO MUCH of, is the college app crap). I'd have a much smaller workload, more intense work but less hours, a step up in pay, I could set my OWN hours.

Downsides: driving to NEW OXFORD every day from here (the high school is far away enough); paying more for insurance (but larger salary WOULD absorb some of this), but the main thing, dammit, I just love being at the school, in that environment.

Although I would still be working with kids.But a lot of the things I like about the high school are things that have nothing to do directly with the work I do.

Still I keep thinking "You've been telling yourself you want to try something different, you'd like to do more counseling, and then here it gets OFFERED to you without your really even looking for it or asking for it."

I'm just torn.

ANyway Brian and Beccaroo are out working in the yard and we MIGHT go to the lake later this afternoon... maybe later we can talk if you aren't up to your ears in Maggie Kay. I know you said you were taking her to story time at the library today and then going for yunchy yunchy... maybe I'll try you later.

Phew! GREAT seeing you three yesterday... hope your trip back was relaxing.. xoxoxoxoxo me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home