E-pistolary

This site is a continuation of my online novel-in-email, xo bri xoxo me xoxoxo love you christy. Call it a soap opera in email.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Argument

From: "Maura Kelly" (mauraswimgrrrl@yahoo.com)
To: "Rita Pressley LeDoux" (ritaritasenorita@yahoo.com)
Date: Tuesday, August 5, 2008 9:03 PM
Subject: Argument


Yeah it was really lousy and tiring, but at least we stayed up till we got it all out, made love really nice afterwards, but still Rita I just feel lately like I want to be to myself. He is working tonight and I could do what I did last night and go over there, watch the kids, be waiting naked in his bed when he gets home, but I don't feel like it, feel like keeping to myself.

And it's not that he doesn't want me to, he does and I can't get used to that, and then Saturday night was the one time that he wanted me there and I just felt like I needed to get away.

I think what he said is mainly right though, moving is hard and we didn't make it any easier did we? No.

Sigh.

Still feel guilty when I decide to take off on my own, I don't like that feeling.

Anyway not getting anything done tonight. Went down to the market for dinner late, around 6:30, Todd's friend who's name I still don't know, he's bald and a writer, anyway he was working with two college guys and they had Boston and Bruce Springsteen blasting loud on the radio. One of the kids spilled a big flat pack of blueberrys inside the door bringing them inside to the cooler. He started sweeping them up and I said NO NO STOP STOP! LET ME PICK THROUGH THOSE! Got about a pint of berries that were fine, they just had to be rinsed off. Also got penne salad and some St Andre cheese, really nice, soft and buttery. And a six of Harpoon Cider, and lightweight me, I had ONE and then cracked open a second KNOWING that it'd be too much and I'd be under the table, wouldn't finish it. And I was right, there it sits.

SIgh.

I am glad that Todd is no longer down in WRJ, I hated him having to make that drive every night, worried about him making the drive. Also always felt like when he stayed here it was a treat, something special. And now he just lives across town, it's almost too easy. He lives on the second floor of this place, Neil and Nikki's rooms are upstairs and so we have privacy if we want it.

I don't know. I can't figure me out. I want him but I want ME too. You know???

Anyway thanks for talking through all of this with me this afternoon, know you go to bed early when you work at the cafe Weds so don't want to call again. But typing it makes me see it clearer too.

I am kind of drunk and am going to bed. NOT going to drive over there. (Maybe!)

Later Senorita. xoxoxoxoxoxo love you maura k

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home