E-pistolary

This site is a continuation of my online novel-in-email, xo bri xoxo me xoxoxo love you christy. Call it a soap opera in email.

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Hi from Vermont

From: Christine Kelly-Morone (christyswims@yahoo.com)
To: Margo Pressley (ledoux67@aol.com)
Subject: Hi from Vermont
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 9:53 pm


Hi Margo, guess you guys went to that movie after all, huh? Hope you didn't have your phone on in the theater, lol.

We are here, hot and humid today but a lovely night. Maura worked tonight so we had an evening on our own, just took a long walk down the rec path near her house, took Maggie mini golfing which was where I called you from, brought her back and put her down and opened a bottle of white wine which Todd recommended.

He is a SWEETHEART and I am really happy that Maura and he are involved. Told you all this but just like typing it, lol, they are a lovely couple, and I like typing that too, they just look natural together. I hate to say it but I look at them together and see little Mauras.

As long as they stay away from Grandma while they're going through middle school, lol.

Anyway like I said she worked tonight but just called and said that they "got rid of the last table" about five minutes ago. THere's a winning attitude toward your customers, lol, "got rid of them." No she told us exactly what happened, they had no one in the place most of the evening and just as they were breaking everything down cleaning etc a couple came in FIFTEEN MINUTES BEFORE CLOSING and of course the owner of the place ("Ding dong," Maura calls her, i don't even know what the woman's real name is, lol) let them in and "fell all over herself seating them" and then what else?? TOOK OFF AT NINE (closing time), "so she let these people in and left the three of us holding the bag."

But they're gone and a good thing too, Marty and me are starving, lol. No, Maura said she'd have Todd make Marty and me shift meals, and she called to tell us get ready, it's burgers with blue cheese and bacon, sweet potato fries and mixed green salad. Nice light fare, just what I need at 10 pm, lol, anyway she said she's going to finish up and say good night to Todd and then come home.

Like I told you a nice day, really nice to be up here with her again, and Marty loves it of course, Maggie of course is so happy to see her sister. She is doing what Becca did when you guys came up here, sleeping in the futon with Maura out in the main room while Marty and I take the bed in the bedroom.

She's here already! WIth Todd!

So I'm hitting send. I'll call tomorrow morning but just wanted to say HI, in case I didn't say we will be back in Pleasant Gap Thursday night sometime, that way we'll have all day Friday and the weekend before Marty starts in with the band on Monday, can't believe football season practices are already here but next week, there we go.

And then Maggie starts pre K. NOOOOOOO!

Maybe I'll call later or something, or YOU can call me, but everyone here says nighty night if we don't talk till tomorrow. xoxoxoxoxo love you christy


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home