E-pistolary

This site is a continuation of my online novel-in-email, xo bri xoxo me xoxoxo love you christy. Call it a soap opera in email.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Senorita gets busted by the intern and then gets the intern BUSTED!!!!

From: Rita Pressley
To: Margo Pressley ; Maura Kelly
Subject: Senorita gets busted by the intern and then gets the intern BUSTED!!!!
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 8:09 pm

OK... so.... Senorita is back at work at the warehouse... nice to see everyone... low stress so far this week... five hours a day, 9 till 2... get to stop at the market BEFORE I go in and get donuts... then AFTERWARDS stop again for my Faidley's fix... Tuesday took Dannydan in who except for one feeding just the whole time... everyone loved seeing him (who DOESN'T love a baby? Dr. Mengele, of course! But he doesn't WORK for the Orioles. And as usual I digress!)

So... this morning, I stumble across the usual stack of STAFF FREEBIES for the latest giveaway tomorrow night, which is the NICK MARKAKIS BOBBLEHEAD, which is a handsome item for what it is (a cheap plastic figurine of a player with a ginormous elephantiasisized head) but which as usual looks so unlike whatever player it's supposedly depicting, you wonder what the appeal is, but the appeal of course is that they are COLLECTIBLE (or is it COLLECTABLE) and so I figured I'd snag a couple for relatives and friends (that's YOU Margo)... but since I've only been back working there three days, I feel funnier than usual grabbing a handful and scurrying off to my office with them.

SIOo... I go all over the place trying to finnd ANdreaa

--YOU'LL EXCUSE MY TYPOES. I AM TRYING TO EAT ICE CREAM WITH ONE HAND WHILE TYPING WITH THE OTHER.

(Dulce le leche. You have me hooked, Margo.)

--so I can ask permission to take THREE bobbleheads. Can't find her. So... knowing that if I ~~ HAD ~~ found her, the response would have been "Oh, God, Rita, go ahead. Is three enough? Doesn't Tony know anyone at work who'd want one? Take a case."

Well I didn't take a case, but having received, in her mind, tacit permission to go Apeshit Wid Da Bobblehedz, Senorita goes back to the staff stash, rips open a case and as she's standing there Snagging Freebies, she feels like she's being watched...

I look up and it's this KID!!!! With ZITS!!!! He looked like he should've been running the smoothie bar at a cafe, but there he is with his white shirt and his clipon tie and his dockers and he's EYING me. "Can I help you with something?"

I said "No, I can steal these fine without you."

"Steal?"

"Yeah."

Well... HE must've gone back to whomever he's interning for (Percy) and said THERE'S SOME WOMAN OUT HERE STEALING BOBBLEHEADS because after a few minutes I hear some DISCUSSION down the hall and then, five minutes later, there's Percy at my door.

"Sorry, Rita."

"Sorry? For what?"

"That Nate was giving you a hard time about the bobbleheads."

"He wasn't really."

"No, no, it's ok. He's... he's"

PERCY IS STAMMERING! HA-HAH!!!!

"uh uh uh he's our intern from uh from UMBC... just... he uh he he... he didn't KNOW who uh who uh who you were."

And before it could be discussed further, back down the hall Percy went.

I have NO IDEA what Nate said to Percy and what Percy said to Nate. I got out of there before I saw either of them again. They were back, marketing away.

But that was how I met the new intern.

Hope I didn't make the little fella sprout more zits.

Anyhoo... I have your birthday gift now, Margo: a Markakis bobblehead. So don't say I never gave you nothin'.

Are you guys coming down for the game tomorrow or is Christy... uh, ARE Christy and Marty and Maggie still there? It's her birthday too this week, right?

Anyhoo two... I am NOT at the warehouse tomorrow or all weekend... just doing Mon Tues Wed... however, guess what? I am working at the cafe Friday morning!! Really looking forward to that, to seeing everyone again and getting dollar bills tossed at me while people don't say PLEASE and then tossing seven cents in the tip jar for a double mocha latte, not that I'm COMPLAINING, mind you...

Talk later! Maura... how's Todd's apartment hunt going??? Have breakfast lately??

Love you both!

Senorita

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home