E-pistolary

This site is a continuation of my online novel-in-email, xo bri xoxo me xoxoxo love you christy. Call it a soap opera in email.

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Re: She's here

To: christyswims@yahoo.com
From: ledoux67@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 18:24:49 -0400
Subject: Re: She's here

Awwww, that's sweet, Christy, and sweet like you said that you cried when you saw her. That makes me happy for you.

I GOT A SWEATER AND A COUPLE SHIRTS FOR BECCA AT THE DUMP!!!!! The afternoon that we went to the little sandwich place in town and I had the awesome bowl of chili (probably the meatiest chili I have EVER had anywhere)... we were talking about Maura's darkroom and how much a setup like that cost (and sidenote: would you PLEASE find out from her how much the PAPER cost for all those prints she sent us? I know it had to be expensive and I want to send her a check. I know she'll probably say NO and if it was just a handful of prints, I'd be like "Fine. OK. You win." But she sent us ONE HUNDRED SIX PRINTS, Christy... a couple of them 10x16, a LOT of them (like half) 8x10s... that CAN'T be cheap and I want to give her SOME money to reimburse her. You're the mom... WORK on her, lmaaaao) (now... where was I?) (Hold on a sec) (Brian is playing Duke Ellington WAY TOO LOUD in the music room and I needed to shut at least ONE door between there and here so I could hear myself effin THINK) (NOW... where was I?) (OK, we were talking about Maura's darkroom and how much a setup like that cost, lmaaao) and she said "Well, I bought a lot of this stuff used in Morgantown, and then the shelves and the table I got at the dump" and I said "At the DUMP??? What the 7734 is the DUMP?" And she explained it the same way she did to you: that it's the recycling center for the town, "kind of like a thrift shop where you don't have to pay. You wanna stop there?" Well, of COURSE I did... I couldn't resist digging around at a place called THE DUMP lmaaao.

And get this: the place is on DUMP ROAD!!!!!

Anyway it's just two sheds inside a chain link fence, and one side of it is where you drop off your recycling and the other side is the thrift shop side... just a few shelves and a table and big boxes of clothes and appliances and all other stuff. You bring in what you want to get rid of, and you take what you need. "Karma in action" as Maura said.

Anyway we dug through the one box and there was a really really nice snowflake sweater there... acrylic but still... plus a couple t-shirts that Becca liked. (Brian struck out) So we took them back to Maura's and washed them (did woolite with the sweater. Maura was out of acrylite, lmaaao) and those pics you see of me on my skis on the mou'en the next apres noon? That is the sweater from the dump.

And when I wore it to work that following Monday (had to wash it again because it got ALL sweaty when I skied), I told all the girls "Guess where I got THIS? At the DUMP" lmaaao

Anyway... that's my dump story. I'll scan and send the pic Maura took of me standing by the DUMP ROAD sign.

Maura DOES look great, doesn't she? I did NOT say she lost weight unhealthily and it's also like I told her, it's not like she was FAT before. It's mainly like you said that she just looks HAPPY and relaxed. Brian and I had a discussion about this the first night. "She's just like her mom... she looks great without any makeup." And I said "Brian, she's not not wearing makeup." "She didn't have any makeup on!" "Yes, she did, Bri... she just knows how to apply it without looking like a ghoul or a ninth grader. Look closely." He still has not gotten used to the idea that those of us who "look great without makeup" are the ones who know how to use the stuff.

Except me, who just glows au naturel, lmaaao.

I'd write more but we already talked about most of it and besides, Becca needs to get on her homework. If she gets on it NOW she will be done by 7, and then we can ALL relax.

Call later, woman. Hope you had a nice afternoon... I'm happy for you. NOW GET THAT PRICING lmaaao. xoxoxoxoxoxo me!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home