E-pistolary

This site is a continuation of my online novel-in-email, xo bri xoxo me xoxoxo love you christy. Call it a soap opera in email.

Sunday, March 30, 2008

She's here

From: Christine Kelly-Morone (christyswims@yahoo.com)
To: Margo Pressley (ledoux67@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 1:36:13 pm EDT
Subject: She's here

Yeah, as I think I MAY have mentioned on the phone, lol, Maura is here. SO happy to see her, so happy she decided to do a surprise visit. I always say "come home anytime you want" and I'm glad she did.

Feels so good to have both my girls here. They are out now, Maura took Maggie out for lunch at the bakery so I'd have some time alone, then when they get back it will be Maggie's nap time and Maura and I will have some girl time together.

She called late on Sun night and asked if we were doing anything or going anyplace the next few days, I said "No, why?" Thinking maybe she wanted US to come up THERE, which I'm still not sure how or when we'll do. But she had some wiggle room financially and didn't have to work again till Fri night and said she misses us and wanted to come down if it wasn't too short notice. As if. All I had to do was clean all the junk out of her room, lol, you know what that room looks like and it sounds like it would be a project but it's not like she's coming up on the spur of the moment from Harrisburg. When she calls and says "I'm leaving now" I know I've got a good 8-9 hours to get my act together. To find trash bags and a dumpster, lol.

ANyway she hit the road first thing yest am and got here a little before supper last night.

Didn't tell Maggie her sister was coming before she got here, just told her we had a surprise for her. "Another easter basket?" lol. "An elephant?" Which Maura brought her BOTH of, a really beautiful easter basket (she told Maggie that the easter bunny left it in Vermont and told Maura to bring it to her sister) and a cute little top with an elephant on the front. "I found it at the dump" lol. She had to explain to me what "the dump" is, I told her I was picturing a city dump and Maura said "Yeah, that's pretty much it" lol. She said it's like a thrift shop but instead of things being cheap, they're just FREE. Said she found a toaster oven and cheap shelves for the darkroom and a clock radio and a set of wineglasses there, and also she drops stuff off all the time. "So it's like freecycle?" "Yeah." Ok, so why do they call it a dump lol. Must be some Vermont thing.

She looks so great, you're right, she's lost a lot of weight, when you said that I was thinking "Oh my god, she's not eating right, she's emaciated" but she looks so HEALTHY. Love that she is letting her hair grow out, she has always had such luxurious hair. You're right, she looks very relaxed and happy.

We went swimming together today and even though she says she doesn't swim regularly (she belongs to a pool up there but says she only goes once or twice a week) she still kicked my ass a couple times that we raced. That's ok, she's my daughter.

Then we went for coffee and talked for a while, talked about your visit and Todd and all the stuff she's doing up there.

SO nice to have her here.

I hear her out front, she is beeping the horn or Maggie is, or it's the mailman having a seizure, lol. Anyway I'm going to hit send.

Feeling happy and having a good day, I hope you are too. Talk later! xoxoxoxoxo love you christy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home