E-pistolary

This site is a continuation of my online novel-in-email, xo bri xoxo me xoxoxo love you christy. Call it a soap opera in email.

Monday, February 04, 2008

Re2: Take a look at these

From: Maura Kelly (mauraswimgrrrl@yahoo.com)
To: Rita Pressley (ritaritasenorita@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 11:26:03 am EST
Subject: Re: Re: Take a look at these

THat's so funny, I don't think of myself as a "perfectionist" but I guess it looks that way, huh? I just want things to look the way I see them without the camera, so that when I look at them or you or mom or Tony looks at them, you guys feel the way I felt before I even used the camera, you know?? And if you don't, then it's a bad shot. Maybe I am a perfectionist because obviously even the ones that I'm not happy with, people seem to like.

I haven't gotten into CLIMBING to take shots, with the snow it's kind of tough. I got snowshoes that were supposedly for backcountry hiking but they just had no grip + I was having trouble doing anything but terrain where the slope was really gentle, any time I had to go up or down anything steep I just slid. Prob in the summer I will get into that more. And if you guys come up to visit YOU can lug the baby shit

I just don't see how you do it, being a mom. That is such a scarey thing to me. Being responsible for that little life and taking care of him, having him rely on you all that. Getting your nips bit no thanks!!!! I think about having a baby and I take EXTRA pills. Although if the right guy came along I would consider it, I guess it's not that hard when you have someone there to love you and share the burden huh? I mean I know you complain that Tony is at work during the week and tired at nights plus his games and practices from Nov-Feb make you a basketball widow, but if he didn't do what he did (work!) you wouldn't be able to do what YOU do (take care of Danny). So you both do your own things in the way you need to to get the job done. That must be nice. I could do THAT.

Getting sad just typing that, I miss Luke, sad about it and all the things he said in his letter I just don't agree with, WHY can't we have a long distance relationship? WHY can't we each live where we live and do what we do and see each other when we can? It's not perfect but it's the way it has to be now. And the answer, as pain in the ass Jenniphyr said, was because of what he's probably NOT telling me, he's prob seeing someone else or at least has his eye on someone else. WHich pissed me off and got me bummed out because she's prob right.

She's a pain in the ass but I've gotten to like her.

I remember the thing you wrote from your Ansel Adams book and went to look, that book is the same one I have!! By Barry Pritzker, it was the first photography book I ever really got, from Mom, Christmas 2000. I was 16, isn't that so funny. I had no interest in photography or art, just in posing for the swim coach (one reason I'm not interested in skeevy older men and their "figure studies") (Mom would kill me and then kill the coach, who still coaches there, if she knew that happened)

Anyway mom got me that book and I just loved the pictures of the mountains and wanted to live there and take pictures like that ever since.

So funny that she could see that and got me that book, you know how it is when you buy someone a gift, maybe she just thought nothing more than it was something I might like, but it was really the start of wanting to do what I'm doing now.

Anyway that is a nice book and the prints look good in it, although when you see one of the authorized editions you can really tell the difference. So go buy one!

Phone

HA! SPeak of mom and she's on the line. "Honey, is that a bear in that one picture??" I didn't see any bears but now I'm looking at the picture, she's right, it's a bear! I thought "No that's just a stump or a shadow" but stumps and shadows don't move 20 yards from DSCN8423 to DSCN8424.

Now she'll be worrying that I'm going to get eaten by a bear. Maybe I should have PAUL come with me next time sacrifice him to the muse.

I swear I didn't see anything when I was out there. I guess I was looking at the big frame and not at the details. But the details come out later. It kind of takes my breath away when I think about it now. Wow.

She and I are going to go to Philly sometime later this spring and see that Lee Miller exhibit at the Philly museum of art that Jeannie wanted me to go see with her. Watch, mom and I will pick a date that's the same one that Jeannie ends up going and I'll run into her.

So funny that there was a time a few years ago when I would've thought "OK, well, she says she's sorry that we had our falling out and she just wants to make it up to me and treat me to the exhibit" and I would've fallen for it. No way jose. I just think WAIT A MINUTE. WE HAD A "FALLING OUT" BECAUSE ~ YOU ~ WERE TAKING PICTURES OF ME UNDER FALSE PRETENSES!!!

AND NO YOU CAN'T HAVE THE NEGS BACK!!!!!

So glad I took those. Yeah they're her property, but that's a nice little bargaining chip I can hold onto. Aside from knowing that they're safe from her, who knows what PRINTS she made but at least she won't be drooling over any NEW ones.

So wrong and I

Phone again.

You! Nice talking to you lol. Hope you enjoy your bagel.

I still didn't get a shower so I'm hitting send even though I just discussed most of this with you. That's the way it always goes with us huh?

Have fun with your son. MIss you and love you! xoxoxoxoxo maura k


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home