E-pistolary

This site is a continuation of my online novel-in-email, xo bri xoxo me xoxoxo love you christy. Call it a soap opera in email.

Saturday, September 08, 2007

Becca has a boyyyyyyyyfriennnnnnnnnnd!!!!

From: ledoux67@aol.com
To: christyswims@yahoo.com
Date: 9/6/2007 9:26:35 P.M. EDT
Subject: Becca has a boyyyyyyyyfriennnnnnnnnnd!!!!


So...

brb

Sheezus... that has to be not only one of the LONGEST brbs I've ever typed through, but also the one that came EARLIEST in an email. Don't even ask; it's just another night at Chez Pressley, lmaaao.

It's like my life is a Jacobs ladder. I start out at SIX THIRTY PM sitting down after dinna, writing you an email, then Brian wants me, then Becca wants me, then Mom calls, then Becca wants me AGAIN because the cat puked, so as I'm cleaning that up Rita calls, then Becca wants me to come outside and see the sunset with daddy... now it's 9:15 and I still haven't written you, and it's time to get Becca to bed.

Oh well.

What I was going to TELL you before I was so RUDELY INTERRUPTED was: last night after supper, we're watching the Orioles (BEFORE it became 17-2 and I threw a shoe at the tv!!) and the landline rings. I look at the caller ID... don't recognize the number or name... of course the first thing I think is "One of Brian's squeezes from the college," lmaaao... no, actually the first thing I always think is "Crank call from a student." Which even though we're unlisted, still HAS HAPPENED, as I have told you.

So I pick up and I say "Hello, Pressleys?" Kind of wary.

And this little voice, a BOYS VOICE, on the other end says "Hello. May I please speak to Becca?"

WELL!

"Yes, you may. May I ask who's calling?"

"Tommy from her school."

So I call for her: "BECCA! It's Tommy from your school"

Well... she RUNS IN the room, Christy... saying "Tommy, Tommy, Tommy..." to herself while she's coming in. I did NOT listen to the call, but it only lasted about five minutes, after which she came back in the living room and I asked her "So... you have a boyfriend, Beccs?"

Tsk! "Tommy's not my boyfriend. He's just a boy in my class."

"Well, your daddy was just a boy in MY second grade class" and as soon as I said that, I could feel Brian giving me a LOOK... like "Don't put THAT pressure on her." But I just wanted to rag her.

Anyway Becca says "Yeah, but you two were in love. Tommy bugs me."

"He bugs you?"

"Yeah. He was eating my chips and I told him to stop, and he didn't, so I hit him, and then Mr. Long yelled at ME. But then he said he was sorry."

"Did you give him our number?"

Long pause. "Yeah." And she looks away and TURNS RED. "I guess he's ok."

I GUESS HE'S OK, Christy.

Boyfriend boyfriend boyfriend boyfriend boyfriend lmaaaao

It is 9:21 and she needs to get ready for beddy and tonight's my turn, so I'm hitting send. Call me so we can discuss this important matter in greater depth, lmaaaao.

How's your week going? Getting psyched for Notre Dame? We were out with Dan and Laura and Laura asked if you'd gotten us tickets, to which I said "No, we're not going" and Brian said "Notre Dame is going to get beat so bad" and Dan said "Shhhh... don't JINX them, Brian." Brian said that's the same thing his GRANDPA used to say and that DAN used to make fun of... "Dad used to go on rants about Grandpa not wanting to watch the Penn State game because he was afraid if he watched, he'd jinx them, and now Dad's saying the same thing. Please, if I ever say that, rush me to Green Acres right away." lmaaaao

OK. Time to put the girl to bed.... so she can dream sweet dreams of TOMMMMMYYYY, lmaaaaao.

Later gator! xoxoxoxoxooxox me


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home