E-pistolary

This site is a continuation of my online novel-in-email, xo bri xoxo me xoxoxo love you christy. Call it a soap opera in email.

Thursday, August 23, 2007

About the characters...

Here's hoping that by reading the work I've posted here, you get an idea of who these characters are, what their interrelationships are, what motivates them, etc etc...

I found the following blurb in an old email, though, and I think it gives a pretty good, concise picture of who the main three characters are and what they're like:

"Brian is the kind of guy who would go into a diner and order Rice Krispies... as an adult, he's been with women who would say 'God, CEREAL?! Brian, we're in a diner. Why not stay home if you want cereal?' or 'Get eggs' or 'Why don't you just run to the dollar store, buy a cheap bowl and a spoon and pint of milk and a box of cereal? That'd cost less.' When all he wants is to have a bowl of cereal in a diner.

"Christy is the kind of woman who'd say 'And I want a feta and bacon omelette. And a Sprite.'

"And Margo is the kind of woman who'd say 'Rice Krispies? I want Rice Krispies--no, Frosted Flakes. You think they have Frosted Flakes? Let's... you get Rice Krispies and I'll get Frosted Flakes... Look... there's the boxes. Up on the counter, Bri... next to all those coffee mugs. They're like those little slumber party boxes... You think they make you cut the box open or give you a bowl? I always used to love that: the KelBowlPak. It sounded like some serious technological advance...and all it was was a flippin' BOX. Remember... remember that time we had those cereals and you cut down through the bottom of the box and you had, like, milk all leakin' out and stuff? Yeah... Hi. HE wants Rice Krispies, and I want Frosted Flakes...'"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home