E-pistolary

This site is a continuation of my online novel-in-email, xo bri xoxo me xoxoxo love you christy. Call it a soap opera in email.

Sunday, April 06, 2008

Re: It was good

From: Rita Pressley LeDoux (ritaritasenorita@yahoo.com)
To: Maura Kelly (mauraswimgrrrl@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 7:23:16 pm EDT
Subject: Re: It was good

Last things first Mauramodel: yes, not only do I still have connections for giveaway items, but have already MAILED the beanie to you! Two in fact... one for you, and one for that... special someone!!!!!

I called the girls and had them put a dozen or so aside for me. KNEW no way in hell I'd be down there tonight.

Because... ALL DAY I HAVE BEEN FUCKING MISERABLE AND FED UP AND HAD IT WITH THIS FUCKING COLD AND COUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!

How miserable? Let's examine, shall we, a transcript of an email I STARTED to type to you about noon and didn't finish or send:

"What is the worst thing about being a mom??? That when you're a mom and you're sick and at home with the baby while Tha Hubbsta works, guess what??? YOU'RE STILL THE MOM!!!!! There is not a mom there to take care of YOU and the baby... YOU TAKE CARE OF THE BABY AND YOU!!!! I have been at home alone all day, coughing my effing lungs out, sucking on halls and honees, wondering why the effing meds I got from Dr. Shockley haven't knock this out of my system. I am about at the end of my rope... frustrated with Dannydan (like it's HIS fault)"

Well... then... at 2 pm, EARLY by 90 minutes because he knew I felt sick, Tonybaloney came home!!!!!!!!!

I BAWLED MY HEAD OFF, and he hugged me nice and sent me to bed and I took a nice two hour nap... then when I got up we ordered out chinese (which I could not even TASTE) but wait... it gets better...

He made me.... HOT TODDIES.

I have never had a hot toddy. When I saw Brian and Margo at the game Monday (THAT didn't help either, sitting out in that damp stadium watching the Orioles LOSE on Monday), Margo kept saying "You need to suck down a couple toddies, Senorita," and Brian and I have talked about this. Like I told him, I would if I knew what it was. Somehow the medicinal use of WHISKEY skipped a generation in our family.

Thank God that Tony knew exactly what to do. I watched. So simple: shot of whiskey, tablespoon of honey, juice from a quarter lemon, topped off with hot tea (in this case, the first one was lapsang souchong, the second wild sweet orange) and except for the cough I just coughed, I haven't coughed ONCE in the last hour.

OK. I coughed a couple times. But I didn't CARE. And I feel all warm and snugglebunnyish.

So a fucking awful day turns around 180 degrees thanks to BOOZE!!!!

But enough about moi... Maura, I know I keep saying this on the phone but I am so happy that your mom came up to see you. And I know you're amazed to hear anyone say this, but I wish I was as close to my mom as you are to yours.

I knew, knowing your mom the little I do, that it wouldn't be "three days of therapy." But in a way, it was. Not being shrunk by a shrink, but getting the kind of mental and emotional energy and attention you needed.

We will come up sometime soon. Thought it'd be over Tony's break but the tournament had other plans. Who knew his team would suck all season and then come on strong in the tournament??

Hope you get to spend quality time with Todd.

Sorry this is disjointed, but one, we talked about most of it already, and two, damm, I'm DRUNK!!!!

Love you Maura, really happy for you and will talk tomorrow, at which time I hope I'm not coughing like a dying smoker. I'll try to toddy up first.

Love
Rita and Tony and Dannydan



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home