E-pistolary

This site is a continuation of my online novel-in-email, xo bri xoxo me xoxoxo love you christy. Call it a soap opera in email.

Sunday, April 06, 2008

Re 2: GOing to vermont

From: Christine Kelly-Morone (christyswims@yahoo.com)
To: Margo Pressley (ledoux67@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 5:53:38 pm EDT
Subject: Re: GOIng to vermont

Sweet that we slept in the same bed, I guess, lol, she kept kneeing me and she snores, lol.

I'm a little tired but wanted to check my email since you said you wrote me.

So glad I could come up and Maura was so happy to see me, we hugged each other for so long, like we just didn't want to let go, felt so good. She kept going "I'm so blown away you came up here mom." I know it's a long drive but I don't think of it as being any big deal. She is my DAUGHTER and this is one of the hardest things she has EVER gone through. If I wouldn't come up now, when would I? I love her and sometimes someone BEING THERE is the most important thing when you love someone. Didn't want to just say "I love you, I'm sorry" on the phone and leave it at that. Wanted to be there to hug her and let her FEEL that I love her. Which as I told her last night was something I didn't get enough of sometimes growing up, being one of eight with a dad who's gone in DC half the time can do that to you. I don't want to just SAY I'm there for you, I want to DO I'm there for you.

She is taking a nap right now, we might go out to supper in a little bit, I'm really not hungry yet but we'll see.

We talked for a long time last night, just laid on her bed and I held her and we talked, fell asleep doing that which was why I slept in there, just didn't feel like getting the futon ready and so we pulled the covers up and stayed put.

Today we were both a little wrung out and got up late, went to her favorite market for coffee and muffins (and BREAD!!!) and got soup for lunch. Tooled around the countryside a little, went to the base of the mountain but did not get out, just was not in the mood given the weather (it rained on and off all day, it's about 50 out probably). Good thing I decided not to strap my skis on the roof rack after all. If it's nicer tomorrow we might ride the gondola up to the peak.

My impressions of this place? Just beautiful and can see why she loves it and her apartment is HUGE. When you said it was big I was NOT picturing this and even in the pictures she sent it somehow didn't look this spacious. Love the open ceiling with the rafters and the view of the mountains.

Just feel a little woozy from everything but wanted to write you back. I'll write more when I feel like I can get my thoughts together more. Actually I may just go in and join her. If she won't knee me, lol.

She said thanks for the hug and the kiss and she'll talk to you and fill you in if I don't, lol.

Later Margo! xoxoxoxoxox love you christy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home