E-pistolary

This site is a continuation of my online novel-in-email, xo bri xoxo me xoxoxo love you christy. Call it a soap opera in email.

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Re: GOIng to vermont

From: ledoux67@aol.com
To: christyswims@yahoo.com
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 10:01 am
Subject: Re: GOIng to vermont

Hey woman. Glad to talk to you this AM and glad your trip went well... and feeling "I don't even know the word" that you made a trip up there to be there with Maura. Happy? Proud? Impressed? I know you're just doing what you need to do but I know driving seven hours like that isn't a small deal, having made the trip ourselves.

I just

Damn

OK I'm TRYING lmaao. I just keep getting interrupted by WORK.

This morning when I got in I checked my messages same as ever, went and got tea, read this, was going to reply, you called. OK, so the reply got put on hold. Then we have our Tuesday meeting first period, so couldn't type for another 45 minutes. Then had two appointments stacked up one on top of the other. Then Trish went home sick and so I was out at the desk taking my turn there. Then another appointment, three phone calls. Every time I try to write this morning

It happened again! AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

So now as I type this it's 10:35 (the clock on the computer says 9:35; they STILL have not adjusted the times here for daylight savings. I keep setting it forward and then when I come in the next morning, it's set BACK. Where are the computer geek kids to fix stuff like this when you NEED them??????

I just shut the door. They're on their own till I finish this.

I don't want to call because I know you two are probably talking doing stuff etc etc. But really so happy that Maura decided to open up to you and tell you this, which had to have been eating away at her all these years. You know, when I saw her doing that website the modelling etc etc, part of me was thinking "OK, she's really just coming into her own as a woman, it's like her piercing her own lip, maybe it's not the way WE would do things but it's something SHE needs to do," and of course then as the modelling (GO AWAY! THE DOOR IS SHUT! lmaaaao) took her in another direction, feeling like "well this is good." But still the fact that it was NUDE modelling all the time (except for the Kohl's etc stuff)... even though she was modelling for life drawing classes, even though the work she did with Ron Snyder was artsy and got her in APERTURE and all that... still in the back of my mind there was always a part of me that felt like "She's acting out. This is really about something else." Not knowing WHAT it was about. And it struck me as really... I don't know... odd... that for something she said she enjoyed so much, as soon as she started to really have success with it and could have gone in one direction with it (the APERTURE thing really still just blows my mind and I know she must've gotten approached to do more shoots after that), she decided instead to go a whole other direction with it. Taking herself out from in FRONT of the camera and being BEHIND it.

Just always had a feeling there was a deep dark secret driving this. And now we know.

Just rereading that last big paragraph (do YOU ever do that? I do that all the time: re-read and revise) and it made me realize: I never really heard Maura say she "enjoyed" it, or if she did, I don't remember it. What I remember is her saying she FELT COMFORTABLE DOING IT.

That's what I think this all was about. Ten, eleven years of feeling comfortable with herself again... to the point that she could finally tell you what really happened.

And I just noticed that AOL is flagging my word "modelling." Doesn't that have two Ls? Rrrrrrrrrr.

Anyway, I am glad you made the trip. Not so bad is it?? Beautiful drive. (Interrupted AGAIN. I guess I have to open the door.)

It's hard for me to keep my train of thought here.

I can send you guys a couple links to information about how to deal with this sort of thing. Don't know what she wants to do but I think the thing she said kind of hints at how she feels and what she'd LIKE to do. "What if he's doing that to girls now??"

Basically I think all she'd have to do is come forward with the pictures and say what happened. Then if the police do an investigation, which I'm sure they would, they would interview other girls who swam for him to see if anyone else comes forward.

Pretty sure since it happened when she was a minor that she would be protected to a point if

NOW YOU'RE INTERRUPTING ME ON THE PHONE!! CAN'T A GENIE TAKE A BAAAATHH??? lmaaao.

I'm still going to send this...

That's sweet by the way that you slept in the same bed last night. She needed her mom to give her a big all night hug. I think she's just wanted to be CLOSE to you like this for a long time and that's why even though this all sucks, it's making you two closer and that is so good. It's what you've really wanted all along, right??

Before

AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! I CAN'T EVEN TYPE "BEFORE SOMEONE ELSE INTERRUPTS ME" WITHOUT BEING INTERRUPTED!!!!!

I'm going to hit send now and cut my losses. Talk later! Hug and kiss your daughter for me... tell her I'm here if she needs to talk. xoxoxoxoxox me!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home