E-pistolary

This site is a continuation of my online novel-in-email, xo bri xoxo me xoxoxo love you christy. Call it a soap opera in email.

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Mom knows

From: Maura Kelly (mauraswimgrrrl@yahoo.com)
To: Rita (ritaritasenorita@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 06:11:36 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Mom knows

Mom knows what happened Rita. We were on the phone yest aft before I went to work and we were talking about thurs nite at the restaurant, seeing that guy but also about coach Fry and I was trying to make a joke of it because I kind of didn't want to talk about it, get all upset before I went in for work, and I said "You really don't like him do you mom?" And she said "no, and I realize I never had much contact with the man, just saw him at your meets but then when I took the job at the y I got to see him in action and I just always thought he was a leering transparent inappropriate pig who doesnt' respect his girls boundaries and if I didn't know better, I'd swear to god that he tried something with you back then.You know?" Well I just was quiet and she said "Maura, DID he try something?" And I just had to tell her YES. TOld her basically the whole thing, about how he started out taking pictures of me in my swimsuit and that next thing I know I'm in the locker room posing nude, going over to his house, no sex but all picture taking, that's what those "late practices" were, and then finally the pool pictures, and she just said "Oh my god. So those pictures you posted on the internet a few years ago were taken when you were 15? I thought there was something wrong about them" ANd I said YES, THERE WAS, THAT WAS WHY I TOOK THEM DOWN AND PULLED OUT OF THE SITE WITH THOSE GIRLS, BUT WHAT WAS I SUPPOSED TO TELL YOU THEN???

Told her about the bus ride back from districts freshman year and sitting in that little bus next to him and feeling his hand creeping up my leg and NOT STOPPING HIM.

"So I was right. I knew something happened."

She was crying, "Maura I'm so sorry, really, I'm sorry. I did what I could, I got you out of there. I just had a feeling but I didn't know for sure. I wish I'd asked, I wish I'd pushed you." And meanwhile I'm a mess, going "it's all right, I wish I'd TOLD you, I was afraid, I felt like I was already in enough trouble with you." And she said "Maura you're my daughter, you were difficult sometimes but I love you, I wanted to protect you, if I'd known that was going on I would have stood up for you."

I said "so that was why we moved to Gettysburg?" and she said "No, no, it was mainly because I wanted to get us--get you--away from your dad. But I just had this FEELING that there was something else going on that I needed to get you away from and that guy always made me feel creepy. And then a couple years ago seeing him in action at the Y, I really just came to hate him, I'd just see him with those girls and I'd think "God I'm glad Maura didn't keep swimming for him."

She said she wants to come up here, I said "Mom it's eight hours up here, what'll you do with Maggie, you can't do that." And she said "Maura I just want to be there for you." So maybe she's coming up, I don't know. I didn't talk to her today.

ANyway after THAT I had WORK. Had to pull myself together, put a face on, feeling all wrung out and drained from crying and having the truth wrung out of me (I was the one who did the wringing) (by the way I ALSO told her about screwing the guy in the pickup truck, the whole thing. I'd given her some song and dance about it back then and she knew, she said "Maura, I can always tell when your stories don't add up. I may not be able to figure out what's really going on but I know what ISN'T".

So like I said after all that, WORK. I pulled myself together, got in there about ten minutes late, thought I was doing ok, pulled together, all that, I clock in, first person I see is Todd, he looks right at me and says "Maura, are you all right?" and I just started crying again. Went back into Dingdong's office and he sat with me and held me, I didn't tell him details but he was so sweet, he held me while I cried which was just what I needed. After that I felt sort of ok and I pulled myself together AGAIN and made it through the night. Thank god it wasn't busy and we were done early, TOdd had to go back to WRJ last night but before I left he hugged me again, kissed me, said to call him at his parents if I needed him, then when I left he called from the road and said if I wanted to come down there and be with him I could, he'd give me directions. I said I didn't know, I'd think about it.

And now Mom just called and said she's booked a flight to Burlington and is coming up, Martydad is going to take a couple days off work and watch Maggie.

I love my mom but I want to be with TODD!!!!

But I think mom and me need to work this all out first.

I hate being 25 years old and feeling like I WANT MY MOMMY!!!!! I NEED MY MOMMY!!!! But I do, wouldn't want to ASK her to come up but I am so glad she is.

She said she'll call when she's on the road. Flying from Harrisburg to Philly to Burlington.

I just looked at expedia and that's $700 almost!!!! For something that's more trouble than driving.

I called her back and said "Why not drive?" and she said "I want to get up there" and I said "But look at how long the flight is, you're almost spending as much time to fly as you would to drive. If you leave now you'll be here by supper." So she cancelled the flight and is driving.

"Flying just feels faster that's all."

I'm going to get off line, Rita, it's been a hard last few days but I feel a little better, just wrung out and now also wondering what I should do about all this, should I turn the guy in, what now??

Those pictures from the pool have the time stamp (03/09/1997) right on them in the corner (when I used them for the site I cropped them) and also in the PROPERTIES of the picture. Get this, he had those pictures on the PC in his office at the school!!!! As soon as I had them taken I felt like there was something wrong, I knew a boy (David Asch) who was a computer geek who I always felt like kind of had a crush on me, and one of the things those guys did in high school was "work on faculty computers." I told him I had a problem with someone who stole files from me and had them on their computer and I wanted to get on and delete them. He said "who?" I didn't tell him WHAT specifically but told him "Coach Fry" and of course he could get user id, passwords etc for every PC in the school and he told me how to find files, copy, delete, etc etc etc. Snuck me a laptop out of the computer room so I could copy them and put them onto a CD. Did it after school one day. It took forfreakingEVER to find the pictures on his computer and the whole time I was scared someone would come in. ANyway I copied them to the laptop, deleted them from his computer and I don't know if he ever knew what happened to them. Although he probably had them at home, or maybe not.

Can you believe though that someone like that would keep that stuff on their work computer at a school? Nude pictures of an underage student???? It's almost like he WANTED to get caught. Or maybe he felt safer having them there than at home where wife might find.

I haven't thought about Dave in a long time. He could've really gotten in trouble for doing that. How did HE know what I was doing? Someone like him had to have got a lot of "requests." But he gave me the laptop, cables, a CD burner, wrote down how to do what I needed to do step by step, where to look. If it hadn't been for him I would have NOTHING on that pig.

He was an angel. I wish I could find him and say hi.

Say THANK YOU.

I am wrung out.

I need breakfast.

I need a drink. NOT a boilermaker.

Talk later Rita. I love you! xoxoxoxoxoxo maura k

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home