E-pistolary

This site is a continuation of my online novel-in-email, xo bri xoxo me xoxoxo love you christy. Call it a soap opera in email.

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Re: Mom knows

From: Rita (ritaritasenorita@yahoo.com)
To: Maura Kelly (mauraswimgrrrl@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 3:21:07 am EDT
Subject: Re: Mom knows

The "only Tony gets up to feed Dannydan during the night" theory works only in THEORY, I'm here at 3 AM to tell you. GOt up about an hour ago and he was just wailing like a siren, poor little guy, and from the moment I hear him, no, I can't just stay in bed and let Tony "go take care of him" and he can't stay in bed and just let ME go take care of him. We try to stick to the "deal" but what always ends up happening is that we BOTH get up, since we both ARE up. And then once Dannydan's calmed down HE goes back to sleep (Tony) (although Dannydan does too) and ~~ I ~~ am still up.

So that's when I get up and write you.

I am fighting a cold AGAIN. Took some liquid nyquil... I am used to the gelcaps and didn't know the liquid had this pleasing LICORICE flavor. Uck.

Even though we talked yesterday I still had to write you. I'm so glad you and your mom talked... that must have been so hard and of COURSE she wanted to come up to see you and wouldn't hesitate. This is a pretty big deal, Maura... something coming out in the open that's been behind the scenes for what now... ten years? Something that she "had a feeling" was wrong and sort of suspected the worse and now she KNOWS the worse (that should be "worst" I guess, huh). I guess not every mom in the world would drive eight hours to come see her grown daughter and be there for her in a crisis but your mom is not "every mom."

Anyway I am so happy for you that she is there.

I don't know what you should do next about all this but damn, I can't believe you have the pictures. Maura, you were one ballsy girl in high school. That must've been like mission impossible, you sneaking into his office and getting those pictures off his computer. And DON'T SECOND GUESS YOURSELF. The last thing you were probably thinking back then was to report him; you just didn't want HIM having the pictures. You went with a part of you that knew SOMETHING was wrong about it even though you maybe weren't sure what to DO about it. So you were 15! You give credit to DAVE... well give YOURSELF a little credit for initiative... YOU SNUCK INTO THE PERV'S OFFICE AND HACKED HIS COMPUTER AND TOOK THE FILES!!!!!!!!! How many 15 year old girls in your shoes can do THAT??

You are one of a kind Maura.

I think it's true what you said: you'll feel better now that you've gotten it out.

And you will also feel better being with your mom, since I KNOW a lot of the distance you say you've felt with her has come from how you felt about all this and what you thought she'd think, how she'd respond, etc etc etc.

3:15. I am drowsy now... Nyquil kicking in.

I've said a lot of what I wanted to say but one more thing: so funny to me how you say there has always been DISTANCE between you and your mom, and a lot of it was from this. And look: you brought THIS out into the open and what does she do? She drives 8 hours to be with you... she closes the distance between you. A nice symbolic act as my brother would say.

Anyhoo.... I'm going back to bed. I think I was up and antsy because I just wanted to make contact with you.

The less said about that rainy drizzly debacle of a 6-2 opening day loss we went to yesterday, the better. Opening day is always fun, but it'd be funner if we would WIN. But always fun to go see my brother and Margo and Becca at the ballpark. And nice to still be able to retreat to EMPLOYEE ONLY dry areas with everyone (esp Dannydan) when it starts pouring biblically.

I watched the ballgirl sitting in my old seat by the left field tarp, getting soaked, and I thought "Damn, that was a fun summer. That was a fun job. She's soaked. Better her than me!"


Hard to believe that in a month I am going to be back working there. It's a fun job and I don't really mind. Plus it will just be part time.

OK... off to bed Maura.... I love you and I am here for you too, although I can't drive 10 hours to see you. But I am there in spirit, sister!

Love
Rita

P.S. No I don't think that you getting up this morning and saying APRIL FOOLS to your mom would be a good idea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home