E-pistolary

This site is a continuation of my online novel-in-email, xo bri xoxo me xoxoxo love you christy. Call it a soap opera in email.

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Sunday morning at Venti Schmenti

From: "Rita Pressley LeDoux" (ritaritasenorita@yahoo.com)
To: "Maura Kelly" (mauraswimgrrrl@yahoo.com)
Date: Sunday, August 17, 2008 11:13 AM
Subject: Sunday morning at Venti Schmenti

OK, Mauramodel, so here's how Senortia's Sunday has gone so far (and I DO mean "Senortia" ): she gets UP first thing this AM at 5:15 to FIVE voicemail messages since 10 pm last night from you, each one drunker than the last... listens to them and can see how your Sat night progressed.... a quick shower and it's off across the hood to the cafe, where I worked from 6-10.... then Tonybaloney and Dannydan met me here at the end of my shift, with snuck-in bagels from across the street at Sam's... watching Dannydan gnaw the garlic and onions and sesames and salt off the everything... now he is on the floor with Tony, rolling a truck.

We pride ourselves on our family friendy atmosphere here at Cafe Venti Schmenti

Anyhoo... first message from you: clouds, cool... yes, yes, you'll scan and send. You're only about twenty photo forays behind on sending me pics, you do realize. Second... of COURSE Jill booked the resto solid right up to 8:45. She is, after all, a DINGDONG!!!! Third message... this is where things start to look foreboding. "Heavyweight Red???" Is that the actual NAME of the vino or just the EFFECT it has. (Judging from your facebook status as I type this --"crushing sulfite headache"-- I would guess the latter.) Fourth message: ok, a loud WE'RE AT THE SHED! SAY HI, MISSY! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO! is always a good sign. But then what's this LAST one... about Darren The Great and facebook and friend requests and all???

Maura Maura Maura... I have wanted to say this for a long time. I admire your artsiness and your boldness... you express and DO things that I (and most people) would just be afraid to do. You're OUT THERE and I like it, admire you for it, even (I hope this doesn't make you feel weird) live a little vicariously through it.

But THIS is what I've been itching to say: I know the friend requests bug you and make you feel weird, but Maura... WHEN YOU POST A PROFILE PICTURE OF YOU BARE NAKED, EVEN FROM THE BACK AND NOT REALLY SHOWING ANYTHING EXCEPT THE TOP OF YOUR BUTT, WEIRD GUYS ARE GONNA CREEP OUT OF THE WOODWORK AND TRY TO FRIEND YOU!!!!

Just like "When you post a profile on Facebook and are a former major league ballgrrrl, guys are going to creep out of the woodwork and try to friend you." That's MY cross to bear.

BRB

Back. Dannydan was crying. Tony took him back to change him. "No, no, keep typing Rita." Awwww, and without a hint of sarcasm, too. I's in yuv!!!

ANyhoo.... the point being, guys will try to friend you... guys you don't know... guys who see your picture and want to SEE MORE. Want to see more, want to chat, want to meet, want to god knows what else?

You DID the thing with the privacy settings. That's good.

Now... on the FRIEND REQUESTS... have you noticed that there is a little button you can click, right next to where it says CONFIRM, that says... uhhhhhh... what is the word on that little button... IGNORE?? Is it IGNORE???

Maura, you don't HAVE to reply or confirm these weirdos requests. You can hit IGNORE and be rid of them forever.

Why haven't you, sweetie???

Are you, perchance, given all that you've been telling me about Todd and "not feeling ready to be a married mom of two" (your words) and not wanting "an instant family" (your words) and "not being sure" (your words) and feeling torn (my words, a paraphrase)... given all that, are you perchance seeking attention online? Seeking dalliances?

Want to keep your options open (even if the only people who are taking you up on it are guys who "like your back")????

Mauramodel, if you don't want to be bothered by these guys, DON'T BE BOTHERED. Click IGNORE. They will never bother you again. But you said you still have them on your friend request screen. How come??

Just makes me wonder how annoyed it really makes you?

Sorry... I am psychoanalyzing, I guess... but as the shrink in my family says, you are what you do. If you are annoyed, then be rid of the requests. Hit IGNORE. Ignore them, Maura, and in this case, they'll go away.

Unless... you really don't WANT to????????

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

OK... Dannydan is about to meltdown. I can see. Tony is not keeping his attention. I need to hit send, log off, and leave NOW!!!!

Want a slightly slobbery everything bagel with all of the stuff nibbled off it??

Annnnnnnnd... there we go! Gotta run! Love you Maura! Bye!
Senorita

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home