E-pistolary

This site is a continuation of my online novel-in-email, xo bri xoxo me xoxoxo love you christy. Call it a soap opera in email.

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Re2 Happy Sunday Woman

From: ledoux67@aol.com
To: christyswims@yahoo.com
Date: 3/7/07 7:03:36 AM EST
Subject: Re: Happy Sunday woman!!!

Christy... check out the district home page with the crawl announcing our SNOW DAY TODAY!!!!!

I quote: "Do to weather conditions, there will be no school today."

I shot an email to the webmaster. PLEASE CHANGE THIS BEFORE TO MANY PEOPLE READ IT, lmaaao.

But in other words NO SCHOOOOL TOOOODAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!! Becca is still in bed... and I, instead of running around like mad getting me and her ready to go down the mou'en, am enjoying a second cup of Tim Horton's. And Brian is going in... "what, and miss my Beatles class?" The midterm is today. Midterm. An EXAM in a class about the Beatles. I was going "What, are you going to ask them what Ringo's pet peeves are?" lmaaaao. And of course he got all high and mighty with me ("You have NO IDEA, do you?") but that just made me rag him more: "Discuss why Paul was the dreamy one" "Match the Beatle to the Monkee that was copying him." lmaaaao. I got him good and pissed off and then thought "Uh-oh... I'd better calm him down before he gets in the car; he's liable to road rage himself into the creek." So I made him coffee and told him I was sorry I made fun of his "little class" lmaaao. He's out cleaning off the Jetta. And I'm in here watching him, lmaao.

So what did it do up there? I'm too lazy to click on centre daily or weather.com, and I am NOT turning on the tube.

That thing about the grandma at the laundromat is terrible, Christy. Of course they wouldn't let her out... she might have been having those babies just to get a furlough.

You know me, Ms. Ann-ti Coulter... I never could see how anyone could support the war, but something like this doesn't seem like it's about the war, but about the army and about the choices people make. You're in for a dime, you're in for a dollar when you enlist. And I can't tell kids DON'T ENLIST! YOU'LL BE SORRRRRRYYYYYYY! but I always explain that when you go in, you are IN. And with them just extending kids' (KIDS) tours of duty whenever they feel like it (can you say BREACH OF CONTRACT??), it looks like once you're in, you stay in whether you like it or not.

I tell kids that they need to think about what that means. ANd I have told a couple kids "do you know what extended tour of duty means?" And they sort of go "Yeah" like they know what the words mean but they don't really get what it MEANS and what it will entail. They just don't have the life experience. It all comes down to them "serving their country." As if the only way to serve your country is to put your life energy into THAT.

I tell them "Getting out of high school is like getting your first real burst of freedom. The Army is like going back into high school, but worse." I tell them all sorts of things, but you can tell, there are three kinds of kids: the kind who are kind of toying with it but who aren't really going to do it (those you can kind of talk out of it because really it wasn't an option for them to begin with) and then the kind who have their mind made up, and no horror story is going to sway them. "I know. I can handle it." And then, good God, the ones who are in the middle, just looking to be talked into or out of it.

~BRB~~

Back. Brian is on his way down the mou'en, cup o coffee in hand. He left me the hybrid. I wish I had the jeep. I'm HOPING that enough will come down that Becca and me can go shushin' later.

Anyway... where was I?

I just wonder what that mom is thinking now, with three kids she never sees and won't BE WITH for another 18 months. She's missed their whole little lives. And that grandma... GOd bless them, Christy... God bless all those people.

I'm glad I never enlisted... me or Brian. Brian, Mr. Pacifist, and me, Ms. Chicken, lmaaao. THere were no wars back then, though. Back then when we were that age, you could make the army a career and know that you probably wouldn't ever get shot at or stuck in combat. Brian probably could've been a band director or something. He would have been leader of that "rock band" that always came to school that we all made fun of.

I just always feel like those recruitment people are slippery, manipulative. I always want to give an OPPOSING VIEWPOINTS after one of their talks.

Now Becca is up and she wants FRENCH TOAST!!! Fat chance missy, lmaaaao.... no... I'll make it for her. For us.

Hope you have a good one woman... later! xoxoxoxo me


FORWARD to next post
BACK to previous post
HOME

All contents of this blog Copyright © 2005-2007 Max Harrick Shenk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home