E-pistolary

This site is a continuation of my online novel-in-email, xo bri xoxo me xoxoxo love you christy. Call it a soap opera in email.

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Re Happy Sunday Woman

From: christyswims@yahoo.com
To: Ledoux67@aol.com
Date: 3/4/07 5:15:40 PM Eastern Standard Time
Subject: Re: Happy Sunday woman!!!

Hi Margo, I tried calling and got voice mail at both numbers (I didn't try your # at the school, lol), you guys must be out and about.

It's quiet here too right now, Maggie is taking a nap, we're both taking a breath, I'm having a glass of milk and a couple outmeal scotchies that Marty baked Friday. You know how the saying goes that some people can cook and some can bake but not many can do both? Well, Marty is a fantastic cook, lol. THe cookies TASTE good but some of them are crispy, some of them are chewy, and that's just the few that are whole, most of them are so crumbly that you might as well put them in a bowl and pour milk over them. Which Marty actually did, he said it was really good.

He said they probably turned out that way because he made them bigger than the package said and when he took them out to cool, they weren't all the way done in the middles so he put them back in. So next time he says he'll follow

~later!!

the recipe lol

I got WAY sidetracked, I started this about 3:30 when Maggie actually was taking her nap, well then she got up and was ramming around and she asked what's for supper and we realized that we didn't have anything here to make, so Marty phoned in a pizza and he and Maggie just drove to pick it up.

So I have ten uninterrupted minutes to finish this and my milk is warm, lol.

I'm rereading what you wrote, I lost track.

So Brian's hammering the bass? What's gonna happen if he gets the gig full time?? You're right, that IS dangerous music, it led me to sleeping with Tom and getting pregnant with Maura, lol. And that was just from the RECORDS, I hate to think if I'd been playing an instrument.

Speaking of Maura and in answer to your question, Maura said she is leaving on Thursday this week, driving believe it or not, she said she hates flying and couldn't stand being without her car. I don't think she's going to do it all in a day, I hate the idea of her being out on the road alone but you know her. "I need my car, I like to stop, I hate the hassle at the airport." Who can blame her?

Anyway she will be coming back north a week from next sunday (or two weeks from TODAY, lol).

I have to tell you about the woman we saw at the laundromat yesterday, we took our comforter in to dry it because last time we did it in our drier it took forever, at the mat it takes just 45 minutes. A woman about our age, very overweight, looked very tired and had three little ones, girl about 5, boys around 4 and 18 months. I know how old the little boy is because I heard her say. Anyway she was doing her best keeping these kids in line, they were helping her with the laundry but of course acting like little kids act and she was sort of short and impatient with them, and of course Maggie went right to the little boy and he was following her around, Marty said "Get used to THAT," lol. But I noticed that the kids were calling her both "mom" and "Grandma" so of course I had to ASK... and she said "No, I'm "grandma," "mom" is in Iraq, where our wonderful president just informed her that her tour of duty is being extended another 18 months."

She said that her daughter joined the military shortly after the second one was born, at which time her (partner? husband? father of the babies anyway) "decided he didn't want to be a father anymore and vanished. He came back for one night, and then the little one came along." And three weeks after the littlest was born, she was called over to Iraq.

So the mom's in Iraq and grandma is stuck with the babies, the smallest one "doesn't remember her mom," the middle one "barely remembers her" and the girl 'remembers her a little."

I felt so bad for her, felt guilty for standing there watching her wrassle with those three before we talked and thinking "God, maam, you're being a little SHARP with those kids." Well I guess I found out, huh.

Marty said "I thought that there were regulations that if you were the sole supporter of children you couldn't be in the army" but I'm pretty sure that was just when they had a draft, you were exempt from the draft if you were the sole supporter. I guess once you've enlisted that's that.

They're back with pizza now and I barely got up on my soapbox, lol.

My minutes will be recharged on Friday so till then let's email, or call on the landline, ok?? Marty says HI and Maggie says HI! and PIZZA!!

Later tater! xoxoxoxoxoxo love you christy


FORWARD to next post
BACK to previous post
HOME

All contents of this blog Copyright © 2005-2007 Max Harrick Shenk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home