E-pistolary

This site is a continuation of my online novel-in-email, xo bri xoxo me xoxoxo love you christy. Call it a soap opera in email.

Monday, January 12, 2009

Re: Internet

From: Christine Kelly-Morone (christyswims@yahoo.com)
To: Margo Pressley (ledoux67@aol.com), Rita LeDoux (ritaritasenorita@yahoo.com), Brian Pressley (brianpressley14@aol.com)
Date: Monday, January 12, 2009 9:47 AM
Subject: Re: Internet

I waste too much time on here, particularly on facebook, I got so into the habit of having the computer on constantly when I was working at the Y. I'm not as bad as I used to be now that I have Maggie, I spend my mornings usually doing other things while she's at school and in the afternoons we do things together, but a lot of mornings (like today) when I'm feeling a little blue (missing Maura, today's her birthday) I turn it on out of boredom for companionship, just clicking around, and next thing I know the morning's gone and Maggie's home.

Fortunately that doesn't happen too often.

As we've talked about my sisters (Mary and Betsy) are online ALL THE TIME. Like I said, they have it on at work and then come home and turn it on, keep it on all night until they go to bed and are checking it constantly, even when they're on the phone. I call them and I can hear the keys and the mouse clicking in the background. Plus they just get that creepy preoccupied detached tone to their voice like they're hearing you but not really listening, their mind is somewhere else, in cyberspace, except like Kath said once, they're not really paying full attention to THAT either. It's like they don't want to be ANYWHERE.

I just signed on this morning to wish my daughter a happy birthday and now an hour later all I've done is post stupid comments on facebook pages, lol. Not that I think there's anything wrong with that, it's fun. But I don't see how people spend all that time in front of it either, no.

Anyway. Go Steelers, lol. You think it will be a turnpike super bowl? See if it is, they should have the game in Happy Valley, not California or whereever it's going to be. Stevie and I were talking and he said he thinks that they shouldn't announce the location of the game until the two final teams have been determined, then they should put it at a neutral site that is close to being midway between the two places. Something else for our new president to straighten out, lol.

Talk soon all! Or see you online, I have it on all day, lol. xoxoxoxo love you christy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home